Substance Abuse Services

Substance Abuse Services

At York High School: Lynne Hatch, York High School, Student Wellness Counselor

Mrs. Hatch can be seen for initial assessment, evaluation, and referral. Please be advised, that any student age 14 years of age and older can seek substance abuse services without parental consent. Lynne cannot contact parents without the consent of the student in question. If, however, said student has been caught in school violating the substance abuse policy, three sessions with Lynne are mandatory and parental contact is made by the Assistant Principal.

YHS also has a limited amount of grant-funded drug tests. Any parent wishing to have their child tested can call and request that a test by conducted. Furthermore, if any parent wishes to have their child searched for substances, parents can call our Assistant Principal or our School Resource Officer at 363-3621.

Making Change

A substance abuse support group for young people ages 14-21 that meets every Tuesday night, year-round from 6pm-7pm at Fellowship Hall in York Village. Free. Confidential. No Sign Up, just show up. Free Pizza too! For any young person committed to or considering making a change with their substance use.


Stands for the Juvenile Automated Substance Abuse Evaluation. It is an assessment tool that can be administered at York High School and gives students and families an indication of what additional services may be needed for a student who is struggling. JASAE results indicate whether or not further substance abuse treatment is warranted. JASAEs are required of any student who has violated the YHS substance abuse policy

The Cottage Program, York, Maine 207-351-2118

An outpatient substance abuse facility in York Village and is part of York Hospital’s campus providing treatment for those with addictions as well as for those affected by others’ use.

Day One, Portland, Maine 207-874-1045

An outpatient and inpatient substance abuse service provider for adolescents and adults. Provider of prevention, intervention, treatment, and aftercare services.

Call 211 for more options.