2016 - 2017 Program of Studies
Virtual High School
YHS Safe Homes
College and Career Planning
Post Secondary Plan Process
College Application Process
College Visitation Schedule
Scholarship & Financial Aid
College Admission Testing
2016-17 Academic Year
Quarter 1 9/6/16 - 11/4/16
Quarter 2 11/7/16 - 1/20/17 (S1)
Quarter 3 1/23/17 - 3/31/17
Quarter 4 4/3/17 - TBD (S2)
Student Services: (207) 363-1814
Fax: (207) 363-1809
York Safe Homes Pledge
The lure of alcohol and other illegal drugs is powerful. You can help our youth make the right choices concerning the use of alcohol and drugs by promoting your house as a ‘Safe Home’, a place where you guarantee that minors will not be exposed to these illegal substances.
As a participant in the Safe Home Project, I pledge:
By filling out the form below you are agreeing to pledge.
- I will not allow parties in my home when I am not there.
- I will be an active chaperone in my home
- I will not serve, nor willingly allow, students under the legal drinking age to consume alcohol or drugs in my home or on my property
- I will welcome parents of youth attending a gathering in my home to call and check on details, times or any concerns
- I will not hesitate to call a parent if a problem arises with his/her child in my home
- I will encourage my child to attend parties in the homes of the Safe Home roster
- I will treat all information that I receive from other parents and students confidentially
- I will share the contents of this pledge and my beliefs on this topic with my child.
NOTE: The Safe Homes Pledge is NOT a legally binding document but a statement of good faith. The online Safe Homes Directory will aid when YOU make decisions regarding the safety of your child(ren) by giving you others’ contact information.
This pledge is a collaboration of the York Schools and the Choose To Be Healthy Coalition at York Hospital.
Sign Up to join the YHS Safe Homes List
List of YHS Safe Homes
1 Robert Stevens Drive York, Maine | Main Office: 207-363-3621 | Fax: 207-363-1809 | Contact Us
Personalization, Academic Rigor, and Success for Every Student
The YHS community does whatever it takes to help students succeed. Each person is valued as a meaningful member in this community. Our school is built upon intellectual honesty, high standards, and a commitment to open inquiry fostering lifelong learning.
Integrity - Perseverance - Responsibility - Citizenship - Moral Courage - Respect