2015- 2016 Program of Studies
Virtual High School
YHS Safe Homes
College and Career Planning
Post Secondary Plan Process
College Application Process
College Visitation Schedule
Scholarship & Financial Aid
College Admission Testing
2015-16 Academic Year
Quarter 1 9/9/15 - 11/6/15
Quarter 2 11/9/15 - 1/15/16 (S1)
Quarter 3 1/25/16 - 3/31/16
Quarter 4 4/4/16 - TBD (S2)
Student Services: (207) 363-1814
Fax: (207) 363-1809
Important Admissions Terms
Early Decision Plans:
Early Action Plans:
- Students can apply to only one Early Decision college.
- If the college accepts the student and offers enough financial aid, the student must go to that college. That is why these plans are referred to as “binding.”
- Some colleges have two early deadlines, Early Decision I and Early Decision II. They both work the same way, but the second deadline gives you more time to decide whether to apply early.
- Although students may apply to additional colleges through the regular admission process, they must withdraw all other applications if they are accepted by this college.
- Students may apply to more than one early action college.
- Some colleges also offer an Early Action I and Early Action II option.
- If students are accepted, they can say yes right away, wait until spring to decide, or decline the offer.
- Early action plans enable families to compare financial aid packages in the spring.
- While Rolling Admission has no set deadlines, and students can apply throughout the year, the college will review applications and fill spots on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The college has a standard and specific deadline and a standard notification period.
1 Robert Stevens Drive York, Maine | Main Office: 207-363-3621 | Fax: 207-363-1809 | Contact Us
Personalization, Academic Rigor, and Success for Every Student
The YHS community does whatever it takes to help students succeed. Each person is valued as a meaningful member in this community. Our school is built upon intellectual honesty, high standards, and a commitment to open inquiry fostering lifelong learning.
Integrity - Perseverance - Responsibility - Citizenship - Moral Courage - Respect