2016 - 2017 Program of Studies
Virtual High School
YHS Safe Homes
College and Career Planning
Post Secondary Plan Process
College Application Process
College Visitation Schedule
Scholarship & Financial Aid
College Admission Testing
2016-17 Academic Year
Quarter 1 9/6/16 - 11/4/16
Quarter 2 11/7/16 - 1/20/17 (S1)
Quarter 3 1/23/17 - 3/31/17
Quarter 4 4/3/17 - TBD (S2)
Student Services: (207) 363-1814
Fax: (207) 363-1809
Students who plan to participate in intercollegiate athletics at an NCAA Division I or II institution need to use the new online registration.
To register, prospective student-athletes should access the registration materials at: www.ncaaclearinghouse.net
NCAA Eligibility Requirements
The student should click on "Prospective Student-Athletes," completely read and follow all online instructions. If you should have any questions please contact Kevin Beatty in the student services office.
Student Instructions for submitting Test Scores to NCAA
NCAA Registration Timeline:
Grades 9 and 10
- Student takes academic college-preparatory courses, preferably one in each of the following areas: English, math, science, social studies and foreign language.
- Student continues to take college preparatory courses in the areas listed above.
- Student registers for the SAT and/or ACT, making sure to use code 9999 at the time of registration.
- Student registers with the NCAA Eligibility Center and completes both the academic information and the amateurism questionnaire.
- At the end of the student’s sixth semester, the guidance counselor sends the student’s transcript (or transcripts, if more than one high school) to the Eligibility Center.
- Student continues to take college preparatory courses in English, math, science and social studies.
- Student registers for additional ACT/SAT tests if necessary, making sure to use code 9999 at the time of registration.
- On or after April 1 of the senior year, the student goes back into their Eligibility Center account to update their academic and amateurism information and request final amateurism certification.
- After graduation, the guidance counselor sends the student’s final transcript (which needs to include evidence and the date that the student graduated) to the Eligibility Center.
1 Robert Stevens Drive York, Maine | Main Office: 207-363-3621 | Fax: 207-363-1809 | Contact Us
Personalization, Academic Rigor, and Success for Every Student
The YHS community does whatever it takes to help students succeed. Each person is valued as a meaningful member in this community. Our school is built upon intellectual honesty, high standards, and a commitment to open inquiry fostering lifelong learning.
Integrity - Perseverance - Responsibility - Citizenship - Moral Courage - Respect